Monday, October 8, 2007

Oirase Gorge & Towada Lake







We spent the afternoon driving through Oirase Gorge up to Tawada Lake. The drive was gorgeous...I can't remember seeing such a scenic drive. It had rained right before we drove up there, so the Oirase river was raging as well as the dozen or so waterfalls which feed into it. It was a really nice time. Lake Towada is inside a volcano crater. Its supposed to be one of the deepest lakes in Japan. As you can see, it was quite the sight as well. I will definitely spend more time up there. I plan on taking a dip in one of the many hot springs up there after the snow starts falling...that oughtta be interesting.

1 comment:

Cheng See Yuan said...

Nice view!
I like to visit there too...
If I don't have car, is it possible to walk up there? Did you see anyone doing it?