Sunday, December 2, 2007

Towada Hike

Well, we decided to take the trip up Oirase Gorge to Lake Towada again...this time on foot. The view was different as winter has hit and all of the trees were bare. We were hoping for snow, but it was all melted. Maybe we'll try again in a month.
My friend Dan crawled out on a rock for a pic...pretty gutsy for a Navy guy who can't swim:)

Here I am all dressed up at Towada. The wind was freezing coming off the Lake.We had planned on eating up at Towada and found only one restaurant open. The waitress spoke no English and the menu was in Kanji. Dan simply pointed at the menu and...this is what we got! It was delicious as always and also pleasant to the eyes. Remember how I said Japanese food is always supposed to look as good as it tastes?

I knew Origami came from Japan, but I had no idea what they were capable of. Yes, these displays are nothing more than folded paper.
One thing I really miss about Italy is the availability of great Cappucinos. Japan has the next best thing...Cafe Latte served hot in an aluminum can! Well, its actually the worst coffee I've ever drank, but its drinkable...in an MRE kind of way. Anyway, its also hot, fast, and served at your nearest soda machine.

3 comments:

Buz said...

looks awesome. It reminds me that I need to get out too.

Anonymous said...

What is that a giant spider on top of the bowl of Zip min?

Bryant

Eric and Rose said...

Ahhh, no, that's some shredded seaweed. I guess it does kinda look like a spider. I guess I screwed up my post where you can't pull up the enlarged pics.