Monday, June 22, 2009

My First Aid Climb

I've been slowly collecting quite a bit of climbing gear and decided to try out some aid climbing. Aid climbing is a gear-intensive, anything-goes style of climbing generally used to climb 1000 foot walls like the ones in Yosemite.
But, there are no walls anywhere near me like that, so I decided to try out some aid climbing down at Tanesashi Seaside outside Hachinohe.It was good practice setting gear and such, but I did look a little rediculous climbing a 15-foot boulder with my huge rack;)

3 comments:

LOYAL MCCAMMOND said...

Eric, In all your post your holding a beer. Didn't see one on this hill.

SaV said...

I would have laughed at you if I would have driven by and saw you, but I'm glad you're getting to use all your gear! Just preparation for when you eventually get to go to Alaska! :)

Buz said...

Eric, You would have been way cooler if you had worn The Three Wolves tee. Here is the link for those of you who don't know about the Tee. (http://www.amazon.com/Three-Official-T-Shirt-Cotton-Sleeve/dp/B000NZW3IY)