Thursday, August 6, 2009

Update

Haven't blogged in awhile...been busy fighting the war on terror here in northern Japan;) Angelica and Helen will be going back to school at the end of the month. Rose has managed to eat out with her friends nearly every day this month. Rose's mom is always working with her two jobs.

I'm still climbing just about every weekend. I've nearly mastered the art of rappelling. Other than some cuts and bruises, I've managed to avoid any major mishaps.

I'm leaving on an epic trip next weekend. My friend, Ryan, and I are hiking the Daisetsuzan Traverse. The trip will be a 5-day hike atop the Daisetsuzan mountain range in northern Hokkaido. Its supposed to be incredible backcountry full of hot springs and grizzly bears. The weather can also be notably harsh...10 Japanese hikers died from exposure there about 3 weeks ago. I'll post pics and stories when we get back.

No comments: